I’d like to share three links today that have been on my “show people” list for a while now.
First up is a cute and very short introduction to the Bill & Melinda Gates’ project to reinvent the toilet. I’m on board. After spending the summer abroad, I realize how resource rich we are in the U.S. We can do much better.
Next is a “Higgs Boson for Dummies” put together by the New York Times. I’m impressed with its ability to engage all levels of audiences – from scientists to people who skipped every Physics class in high school.
Also from the New York times is this wonderful rock/paper/scissors computer program. Modeling learning is fun, and we’re getting better at it! I recently read that expert knowledge and behavior is easier to model than our everyday behaviors and knowledge. This game gets us one step closer.
Enjoy! Hopefully these add a little sunshine to your Monday morning.
- Video: “God particle” Higgs boson – explained (cbsnews.com)
- The Higgs Boson and Its Discovery Explained with Animation (englishblog.com)
- VIDEO: Bill and Melinda Gates: BBC interview (bbc.co.uk)
- The Higgs Boson explained using Fashion (readingvogueinalabcoat.com)
- Who Should Listen to Melinda Gates about Education? (atthechalkface.com)